Did you know that over 25,000 extraordinary companies like AirBnB and Spotify to news organizations such as the Daily Telegraph are all on the Jira Service Desk platform?
Simply put, when it comes to Jira Service Desk vs. Zendesk, Service Desk is a dominant force!
Assuming you stumbled upon this Jira Service Desk Pricing Guide, the probability is high that you are gathering information to learn whether or not Jira Service Desk might be right for your business. Feel free to bookmark this Jira Service Desk Pricing guide to serve as a reference as you evaluate the Jira Service Desk platform both from a feature and pricing perspective.
As always if you’d like to compare Jira Service Desk vs. Zendesk and other platforms like Freshdesk and more, please schedule a free consultation below, or learn more about our Jira consulting services.
When it comes to licensing Jira Service Desk, you have two main options; “Cloud” Service Desk and “Server” Service Desk. This guide will focus on both Jira Service Desk offerings.
Jira Service Desk Background
Jira Service Desk is a SaaS-based and On Premise (hosted) enterprise-grade Service Desk solution that scales way beyond standard Zendesk and Freshdesk platforms. Like all Software as a Service (SaaS) based platforms Jira Service Desk is licensed via a subscription model and is hosted and supported by Atlassian. No additional hosting expenses to consider. However, for those companies that have high-security needs, or specialized performance needs, there is a self-hosted option that can be attractive to certain organizations such as those in Aerospace and Defense.
Jira Service Desk can support both internal and external customer business models and is an ideal fit for companies with leaner Help Desk or Service teams that desire to focus their attention on process efficiency, improvement, and traceability. The Jira Service Desk accomplishes this and adjusts to businesses as their use cases, needs, and team changes.
The Jira Service Desk software runs on the base Atlassian Jira core framework and architecture. Service Desk is modeled after a plugin architecture that is individually licensed. As a subscriber or buyer of this solution, you essentially obtain the core Jira framework along with your Service Desk. However, Agile project management, SCRUM boards, and other Jira features are not enabled and need you will need to license Jira independent of Jira Service desk in order to obtain traditional SCRUM and Project Management features.
Features That Come With Jira Service Desk
- Customized Issue Types With Shopify Plus: sellers can customize the entire look and feel of your checkout process on your domain
- Queues: Avalara simplifies the administration of complex sales tax management within the United States.
- Workflow: Unlimited flexibility with cart scripting logic. Apply complex rules to the checkout process to personalize the shopping experience for customers.
- Field Configurations: With the standard Shopify plans you do not get access to the Multipass or Gift Cards API. With Shopify Plus these are enabled. Multipass can be useful for a business that sells product through a website forum that requires users to login
- SLA Tracking and Performance Monitoring
- Customer Portal: As a SaaS offering Shopify will continue to invest in the Shopify Plus platform which customers get to take advantage of seamlessly.
- Knowledge Base: Shopify Flow is a workflow automation tool designed to streamline repetitive tasks and processes to save you time without having to write a single line of code. Examples include, automatic inventory reorder points, tag high-risk orders, remove a product from a store based upon inventory levels, etc.
- Marketplace Extensibility: Launchpad allows brands to switch between themes for a period of time. This is a great feature for companies that want to automate a promotion (e.g. Black Friday) or for companies with multiple brands and wants to host a brand takeover with brand new product menus, banners, etc.
Jira Service Desk Pricing Structure
In 2017 Shopify announced they would be updating how Shopify Plus is licensed. To determine the cost of a Shopify Plus site it really boils down to four main areas: Platform Fees, App Fees, Payment Gateway Fees, and Maintenance Fees.
Shopify Plus Platform Fees
The Shopify Plus platform fee is based upon store usage (sales). The platform fee provides access to the application, site hosting, and site support.
Shopify Plus has a minimum fee of $2,000 per month and a maximum of $40,000 per month. If you are using Shopify Payments the fee is assessed at .15% of monthly sales. If you decide not to use Shopify Payments than the fee is assessed at .25% of sales.
Shopify Plus Pricing Examples
Acme Shoes runs a Shopify Plus store and sells $20,000 worth of shoes and accessories each month.
Acme’s usage calculation would be $50 per month (0.25% of $20,000) assuming they decided to use a gateway other than Shopify Payments.
Since Shopify Plus carries a minimum fee of $2,000 per month Acme would be better served using a different platform or Shopify “regular” plan unless they anticipated a large and sustained spike in sales.
ABC Beverage Co
ABC Beverage sells $2,000,000 worth of beverages each month through their Shopify Plus e-commerce site and uses Shopify Payments as their gateway.
In this scenario their usage calculation would be $3,000 per month (0.15% of $2,000,000).
To summarize Shopify Plus is not designed and packaged to support small businesses. At a minimum, you’d need to sell $800,000 per month just to be at the Shopify Plus subscription minimum of $2,000 per month and companies that sell over $16,000,000 per month would never pay more than $40,000 per month regardless of the usage fee.
Shopify may provide sufficient capabilities out of the box for some businesses but it’s not uncommon for Shopify users to take advantage of the hundreds of apps available on the Shopify App Store available to customers.
Some Shopify apps are developed by Shopify and many are developed by 3rd party software companies. Some apps are free while others may be a few hundred dollars per month or more.
Shopify apps support a variety of use cases and departments but generally revolve around providing additional capabilities within the marketing, supply chain, accounting arenas. Common apps include Shopify – ERP integration (e.g. NetSuite Shopify Connector), Mailchimp integration and Wholesale Pricing to support B2B business models.
Payment Gateway Fees
Another fee to keep in mind has to do with the payment gateway fees. These are separate from the usage-based fees outlined above. Fees vary by country and sales volume but you can anticipate spending in the neighborhood of 1.5% to 3% per transaction. For example, a US-based company selling to US-based customers using Paypal can expect a 2.9% + $0.30 USD fee per transaction.
Top 3 Shopify Plus Pricing Advantages
- Provides Fixed & Predictable Expenses: Being a SaaS-based e-commerce platform, eliminates the additional cost associated with a traditional (e.g. Magento) e-commerce approach…hosting fees, developer expenses, bug fixes, updates/upgrades, and associated downstream cost.
- 24×7 Dedicated Account Management & Support: When you subscribe to Shopify Plus your dedicated account management team provides you with 24×7 support to help you every step of the way. Whether you need a bug fixed, strategic coaching or guidance on the platform the Shopify Plus team is staffed with Solution Engineers and front-end developers ready to support you.
- Unlimited scale minus the hardware and headcount: With Shopify Plus you don’t need to hire a team of experts whose core competency is around server architecture or cloud hosting. Instead, you can align your limited resources into marketing and inventory optimization not whether or not your website keeps crashing due to demands on your web servers.
Thinking Shopify Plus might be a good fit for your e-commerce needs but not entirely convinced? Initiate your free consultation with e-commerce pros! Our team of experts can help you evaluate Shopify Plus, SuiteCommerce, Magento and more. Learn more about our Jira consulting services.