Migrating to Atlassian cloud can be a complex process, requiring careful planning and execution. To ensure a successful migration, it is important to have a comprehensive playbook that outlines the key steps and considerations. In this blog post, we will discuss the Atlassian cloud migration playbook and how it can help guide your organization through the migration process.
The Atlassian cloud migration playbook is a comprehensive guide that outlines the key steps and considerations for migrating to the Atlassian cloud. It is designed to help organizations plan and execute a successful migration while minimizing the risk of downtime, data loss, and other issues.
Why you need the Oxalis Cloud Migration Playbook?
Download our Cloud Migration Playbook! After Atlassian announced they were discontinuing the sale and support of Server edition products, the team at Oxalis recognized Server-licensed users would need to start considering migration sooner than they would have otherwise.
For that reason, Oxalis published their first Cloud Migration Playbook, complete with our step-by-step process to ensure each action in the process is deliberate, secure, and efficient. Feel free to download the Cloud Migration playbook below:
How Oxalis’s playbook can help you?
This Cloud Migration Playbook, which is written for any company that needs to migrate from another instance to the Cloud (not necessarily just Server customers), covers the entire migration process from pre-planning to testing to executing the migration. Although, users migrating from Server or even on-premise hosting to the Cloud will benefit, as those migrations are Oxalis’s specialization.
Oxalis this Playbook as comprehensive as possible—Atlassian’s Server End of Life announcement caught many by surprise, and we want to ensure those who need to conduct a migration in house are able to. The in-house migration process can be extremely time-intensive and taxing, especially if you’re learning as you go.
Oxalis’s Cloud Migration playbook is made for a general audience, as the authors are unable to take specific intricacies and roadblocks into consideration when writing specific steps. Each company has different requirements per project with a near-infinite number of configurations. Oxalis wrote this in hopes of providing guardrails for developing your own migration strategy. The playbook is divided into four main stages: planning, preparation, migration, and post-migration. Each stage contains a series of tasks and considerations that must be addressed to ensure a smooth and successful migration.
The Atlassian cloud migration playbook provides a comprehensive guide for organizations that are planning to migrate to Atlassian cloud. By taking the time to plan, prepare, and execute the migration process carefully, organizations can take full advantage of the benefits of the Atlassian cloud, including improved scalability, enhanced security, and access to the latest features and functionality.
But, if you’re finding extra layers of complexity, if you’re hitting roadblocks, or if Atlassian’s cloud migration tools are not moving the needle, reach out. While your team can likely figure out how to migrate in time, Oxalis can create a solid roadmap and complete the migration with speed and efficiency while optimizing your set up the best way a cloud migration consultant can.
You can download your free copy by entering your email address at the link below:
Doubts with the Cloud Migration Playbook? Contact us. We’re Atlassian partners
What are the principal myths about moving to the Atlassian Cloud?
As with any major technology change, there are often myths and misconceptions about moving to the Atlassian cloud. Here are some of the most common myths about moving to the Atlassian cloud:
- Myth: Moving to the cloud is less secure than on-premises hosting. Reality: While some organizations may worry about the security of cloud-based solutions, the reality is that the Atlassian cloud offers advanced security features, including two-factor authentication, encryption, and data backups, that can help organizations protect their sensitive data and applications. In addition, Atlassian has a dedicated security team that monitors the cloud infrastructure 24/7 to ensure maximum security.
- Myth: Moving to the cloud means losing control of data. Reality: Organizations moving to the Atlassian cloud retain complete control over their data. Atlassian offers robust tools for managing user access, permissions, and data, allowing organizations to ensure that their data is secure and only accessible to authorized users.
- Myth: Moving to the cloud is too complex. Reality: While moving to the cloud can be a complex process, Atlassian provides extensive documentation and resources to help organizations navigate the migration process. In addition, many Atlassian partners offer migration services and support, allowing organizations to ensure a smooth transition to the cloud.
- Myth: Moving to the cloud means losing customization and flexibility. Reality: The Atlassian cloud offers extensive customization options, allowing organizations to tailor their applications and data to meet their unique needs. In addition, the cloud offers greater flexibility than on-premises hosting, allowing organizations to easily scale up or down as their needs change over time.
In summary, while there are some common myths and misconceptions about moving to the Atlassian cloud, the reality is that the cloud offers numerous benefits, including advanced security, greater scalability, cost savings, and enhanced customization and flexibility. By addressing these myths and taking advantage of the resources and support available, organizations can successfully migrate to the Atlassian cloud and take full advantage of the benefits it offers.
What are the advantages of Atlassian Cloud?
Moving to the Atlassian cloud can bring numerous benefits to organizations of all sizes. Here are some of the principal benefits of moving to the Atlassian cloud:
- Scalability: The Atlassian cloud is designed to be highly scalable, allowing organizations to easily add or remove users, projects, and data as needed. This scalability allows organizations to grow and evolve their Atlassian usage as their needs change over time.
- Security: The Atlassian cloud provides advanced security features, including two-factor authentication, encryption, and data backups, that can help organizations protect their sensitive data and applications.
- Cost savings: Moving to the Atlassian cloud can help organizations save money by reducing the need for on-premises hardware and software, as well as the need for dedicated IT staff to manage and maintain the infrastructure.
- Access to new features: The Atlassian cloud is constantly evolving, with new features and functionality being added on a regular basis. By moving to the cloud, organizations can take advantage of these new features and functionality as soon as they become available, without the need to invest in additional hardware or software.
- Collaboration: The Atlassian cloud is designed to promote collaboration and teamwork, with features such as real-time editing, comments, and notifications that can help teams work together more effectively.
- Mobility: The Atlassian cloud is accessible from anywhere with an internet connection, allowing users to work from anywhere and on any device, including desktops, laptops, tablets, and smartphones.
In summary, moving to the Atlassian cloud can provide organizations with greater scalability, enhanced security, cost savings, access to new features, improved collaboration, and greater mobility. These benefits can help organizations improve productivity, reduce costs, and stay competitive in today’s fast-paced business environment.
Atlassian is a leading provider of software tools for software development and project management. While many organizations use Atlassian tools like Jira, Confluence, and Bitbucket to manage their projects, some may require expert guidance and support to optimize their usage of these tools. This is where Atlassian consultants such as Oxalis come in.
Oxalis as an Atlassian consultant, we’re experts in Atlassian products and services, and they offer a range of services to help organizations get the most out of their Atlassian investment. Here are some of the ways that Atlassian consultants can help organizations:
- Implementation: Atlassian consultants can help organizations plan and implement their Atlassian software, ensuring that the tools are set up and configured correctly to meet their unique needs.
- Customization: Atlassian consultants can help organizations customize their Atlassian tools to meet their specific requirements, including the creation of custom workflows, reports, and dashboards.
- Training: Atlassian consultants can provide training and support to help organizations use their Atlassian tools more effectively. This can include one-on-one coaching, on-site training, and customized training programs tailored to the organization’s specific needs.
- Integration: Atlassian consultants can help organizations integrate their Atlassian tools with other systems and tools, such as CRM systems, help desk software, and continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) tools.
- Upgrades: Atlassian consultants can help organizations upgrade their Atlassian tools to the latest version, ensuring that they are taking advantage of the latest features and functionality.
- Performance optimization: Atlassian consultants can help organizations optimize the performance of their Atlassian tools, ensuring that they are running smoothly and efficiently.
In summary, Atlassian consultants offer a range of services to help organizations get the most out of their Atlassian investment. By providing expert guidance and support in areas such as implementation, customization, training, integration, upgrades, and performance optimization, Atlassian consultants can help organizations improve productivity, streamline processes, and achieve their business objectives more effectively. Whether you are just starting with Atlassian tools or looking to optimize your existing usage, Atlassian consultants can help you achieve your goals.
How our Atlassian Services can help you?
With our Atlassian services, organizations can optimize their usage of Atlassian tools, improve productivity, streamline processes, and achieve their business objectives more effectively. Here are some of the Atlassian services available
- Atlassian Cloud migration: An Atlassian cloud migration refers to the process of moving your Atlassian products and data (such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and others) from a self-managed server or data center environment to the Atlassian cloud.
- Atlassian Training: Our training programs include on-demand training, live training, and customized training programs tailored to an organization’s specific needs
- Atlassian Consulting: Consist in expert guidance and support to help organizations optimize their usage of Atlassian tools.
- Atlassian Managed Services: Get technical support to help organizations troubleshoot issues and resolve problems with Atlassian tools. Support services include online support, phone support, and support from Atlassian experts.