Going into the office may have stopped, but work itself has not. Companies in every industry quickly needed to discover their new normal. However, companies in high-compliance were required to jump through and over multiple extra hurdles to continue working in a digital environment.
Organziations around the world have enabled remote work and work management for all during the pandemic thanks to products like Jira Core, Jira Service Management and Jira Software.
A prime example: the Department of Defense’s Public Web Service removed outdated systems and increased collaboration with productivity by adding Jira Service Management, Jira Software, and Confluence in compliant environments.
However, those in high-compliance industries are stuck feeling like modern tools do not have the capabilities they need to meet regulatory requirements. Many continue to stay on outdated systems, watching the rest of the industry pass them by out of fear of breaking their compliance.
Fear no longer: Atlassian’s powerful tools—such as Jira Software, Jira Service Management, and Confluence—work for high-compliance organizations as well. With the right partner who understands DFARS, HIPAA, FedRamp, and other compliance standards—regulated industries can adopt modern technology to improve their management in an increasingly remote work environment.
By providing work management for all, these solutions are finding use in helping software teams collaborate, legal teams track compliance, and industrial firms digitize physical paper processes.
High-compliance companies have access to the same industry-leading solutions through Atlassian’s Data Center editions, unlocking team collaboration and remote work in a way users will love.
Oxalis Specializes in Helping Firms Meet These Challenges. Send us a message.
What is Atlassian Data Center?
Data Center, the highly configurable and high-security edition of Atlassian products, is the answer for any companies with these regulatory environments. Simply put, Data Center offers high performance with scalability, seamless user management with configurable security. Not to mention, it offers the highest level of customization that Atlassian has to offer, allowing Oxalis to create the instance that users need.
Here is how public-sector organizations and high-compliance enterprises can migrate or set up to Data Center instances:
- Start at the beginning—which Atlassian products will you need in order to accomplish your goals? Between Jira Core, Jira Software, Jira Service Management, Confluence, BitBucket and other, there are any single or unique combinations of these tools that can solve very specific problems.
Review our Jira Buyers Guide to determine which Jira product will work best for your needs.
- After that, you’ll want to explore migrating from your existing instance or setting up a new instance. This will depend on the usage volume of your existing instance as well as the data.
- It’s also important to figure out the best way to host the products. There are a variety of options, from hosting on-premise to AWS GovCloud to Azure, on and on. Where you host is really a matter of business preference and needs to be combined.
- The next step is figuring out how best to configure your instances to meet your needs with both security and usability. It’s important to not only have a full understanding of security and regulatory requirements but also how your users work within the system to ensure your software works for your team and not the other way around.
- The last implementation step is often overlooked but incredibly important: training, change management, and wide adoption. Without a system in place, many improvements will go unnoticed and unused, creating more confusion down the road. At Oxalis, we make sure that training is a cornerstone part of the migration or implementation process so that the money spent is spent for significant, adopted improvements.
- The final step is sustaining and maintaining your Data Center instance. The simplest way to do this is to bring on a Government-Verified partner like Oxalis who can manage and maintain your instance for you. This is especially beneficial if Oxalis helped you migrate/set up, as they will know the ins-and-outs of your instance and infrastructure without a discovery effort.
With these considerations in mind, public-sector and highly-regulated organizations can feel confident with working remotely, knowing they’re taken care of, not only by their trusted Atlassian partner but by Atlassian themselves. Atlassian knows their customers have these compliance requirements, and therefore have created effective, configurable products to meet and exceed those needs.
Want to learn how to implement or optimize a Data Center instance? Contact our experts to start solving your problem from the first call.