We are looking for an experienced Software Developer who can understand end-user needs and experiences, lead the development of a complete solution, and help clients understand the implementation approach and trade-offs. You will help us continue to build on our already established product line that includes the latest web-based and mobile application technology.
This role will work directly with an Oxalis Product Director and would be perfect for someone interested in working on a flagship software product that is rolling out to market.
- Lead system architecture choices – both system components and how they intersect with each other, while taking into consideration support-ability.
- Program Architecture – modern systems are composed of many components, each requiring a degree of architecturing.
- Perform Development on the full stack.
- Role-Model good development practices and help build / develop the team.
- Adhere to Agile practices and lead your team to release dates and Sprint milestones.
- Work with Product Management to clarify user stories and participate in prioritization.
- Front-End JS Development (5+ years) – Specifically Vue – Expert level front-end developer with particular focus on high-performance, data driven systems and offline-first development.
- Backend Technologies – Postgresql, graphql, Nodejs, Microservice architectures.
- Familiarity with CI/DC/TDD methodologies.
- Experience with Hasura GraphQL, Apollo or equivalents.
- Multiple programming language experience.
- Cloud providers & Containers (2+ years across AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud, etc).
- SQL, particularly Postgresql.
- Strong written and spoken English skills.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Experience working with non-technical users/customers.
- Ability to work on site at our location in Portland, OR.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Must be a US citizen.
This is a full time salaried position compensated to market. Benefits package includes, but is not limited to, a strong Health, Dental, Vision plan and 401k.
The right candidate will have the ability to work remotely or with a flexible schedule if necessary.