We are looking for an experienced IT professional who has had responsibility over production systems in the past, but also has taken some steps towards exploring DevOps and really wants to grow in this area. This individual will need to understand end-user needs and platforms, participate in the development of automation solutions, and assess the implementation approach and trade-offs. This role will work directly with Product Management and Engineering to establish best practice infrastructure architecture and learn the ins and outs of the Atlassian suite of tools such as Jira, Jira Service Desk, and Confluence.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Detail and process-oriented; a critical and methodical thinker.
- Generalist who is self-motivated and excited about exploring new technologies.
- Strong understanding of Atlassian suite of products such as Jira, Jira Service Desk, and Confluence to aid in scripted solutions and resilient infrastructure for those products.
- Strong Linux ability.
- Basic understanding of databases, particularly postgresql.
- Experience managing production environments (2+ years).
- Familiarity with basic Amazon Web Services & Cloud formation and/or Microsoft Azure.
- Familiarity with Docker/containers.
- Experience with scripting/coding.
- Looking to expand our capability to grow into the ‘development’ part of ‘devops’.
- Immediate responsibilities:
- Ownership of production environments.
- Participation in infrastructure maintenance and development activities.
- Dashboard / alert development.
- Playbook work.
- 6 month growth:
- Author ‘Infrastructure as code’ scripts.
- On-call scheduling and escalation point.
- Strong written and verbal English skills.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of IT experience.
- Experience working with non-technical users/customers.
- Ability to work on-site at our locations in Portland, OR, Washington D.C., or remote.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
This is a full-time salaried position compensated to market. Benefits package includes, but is not limited to, a strong Health, Dental, and Vision plan.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to work remotely if necessary. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org