We are looking for an experienced Developer or DevOps engineer who can understand end-user needs and platforms, lead the development of a complete automation solutions, and help clients understand the implementation approach and trade-offs.
This role will work directly with an Oxalis Product Director and would be perfect for someone interested in working on a flagship software product that is rolling out to market.
- Detail oriented, process oriented, methodical work processes.
- Generalist, rapid new tech ramp.
- Strong Linux ability.
- Basic understanding of data bases, particularly postgresql.
- Experience managing production environments (2+ years).
- We need someone who has been in the trenches and seen some things, gotten burned, made mistakes…
- Basic Amazon Web Services & Cloud formation.
- Experience with scripting/coding.
- Looking to expand our capability to grow into the ‘development’ part of ‘devops’.
- Our immediate need is purely operations.
- Immediate responsibilities:
- ownership of production environments.
- participation in mammoth infrastructure activities.
- Dashboard / alert development.
- Playbook work.
- 6 month Growth:
- Author ‘Infrastructure as code’ scripts/DSLs.
- On-call scheduling and escalation point.
- Strong written and spoken English skills.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Experience working with non-technical users/customers.
- Ability to work on site at our location in Portland, OR.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Must be a US citizen.
This is a full time salaried position compensated to market. Benefits package includes, but is not limited to, a strong Health, Dental, Vision plan and 401k.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to work remotely if necessary.